Monday, October 10, 2011

Wisdom Teeth: An Adventure!

Greetings Friends,
Today is the first day since I had my wisdom teeth removed that I feel functional. Not top notch but functional. My battle with my wisdom teeth goes back maybe two years or so. They started acting up and giving me headaches squishing my teeth ever so slightly.I had plans way back when to take care of them but life had others plans for me. The point I am trying to make is that they are gone now!
Two months ago I got a nasty infection around my bottom right wisdom tooth so I went to a dentist my coworker recommended. Dr Colton Street got antibiotics and we set up a time for my wisdom teeth to be taken out. I got it all cleared at work for this weekend because it would give me a four day weekend to get over it...so glad I took that extra day.
Now for the fun of having them taken out. Dr Street prescribed me two Valium. One to take an hour before and to bring the other with me. I was amused by the warnings and side effects of this stuff.The one Eric teased me about was no important decisions.I have no idea where a tolerance for the stuff could have come from but they made me take that second pill because I was to "with it". I had a local anesthetic as well. They pulled out the top right one out pretty easily. The bottom right had roots all crazy under some of my other teeth..yay.The left side they pulled out the drill(or thing that made loud noises that I should have more scared of but was out of it so I just noticed they had it). The top one on my left side came out easily or it kind of looked like it did. The bottom left one was pretty tricky and I am pretty sure they dug around and stuff. I watched them use the string to stitch up two of them. They finally finished up and I was free to go. They gave Eric instructions and a prescription for  hydrocodone.
I was swollen and miserable. Eric not only took care of me but cleaned the apartment. I felt lazy but I was so miserable to care the first day. Friday flew by in a haze of drugged sleep.
Puffy Chipmunk Cheek

Puffy.

Kind of normal side
Saturday was my friend Vanessa baby shower and I was dead set and determined to make an appearance.  I feel bad that is all I could muster but at least I made it. I returned to my sleeping. I really owe Eric lots for putting up with all of my falling asleep during conversations and attempts at watching movies. It took two days to watch Spy Games.He bought me Emperors New Groove which I adore.
Sunday I had a rough morning figuring out dairy was not a good idea for my tummy. I did stay awake more but I still fell asleep on and off. I felt better about eating though it was still a painful affair..Eric got me Krispy Kreme donuts(totally squashy). I ate half of one with loads of problems but it was worth it.
That brings me to today. I had a hard time sleeping last night but I do not want to take any more of my hydrocodone. It makes me feel awful and I slept so much. Now I am just aleve and loving it.I had coffee and one of my donuts for breakfast=) My next big challenge will be chips an salsa! I could eat that stuff everyday=) The worst is over! This made me appreciate the little things in life for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment